If the pandemic control measures allow a return to matches with spectators, FC Bayern will switch to digital tickets at the Allianz Arena from the 2021/22 season.
The mobile ticket and print@home formats, which have been known for years, will remain in place, and stadium visitors will have a choice.
FC Bayern deputy chairman Jan-Christian Dreesen: “As sustainability, conservation of resources and reduction of CO2 emissions are central issues at FC Bayern and in ticketing, we have decided not to offer printed tickets such as the annual chip card or paper tickets for any future games in the Allianz Arena. As well as reducing the production of plastic and paper tickets, communication by e-mail eliminates around 350,000 printed letters that were previously sent by post. That is a valuable contribution to climate protection and resource conservation.”
Advantages of digital tickets (matchday and season tickets)
- All tickets and parking permits are available in the digital ticket centre immediately after booking.
- The digital ticket centre can be reached online at any time.
- Elimination of shipping costs and shipping losses.
- Loss of tickets is almost impossible and they can be recalled at any time in the digital ticket centre.
- Saving resources and reducing CO2 emissions.
Tickets can be conveniently forwarded to friends and acquaintances in the digital ticket centre at any time by email with a password-protected area on fcbayern.com.
Tickets that have already been forwarded and cannot be used can also be given to other people quickly and easily at short notice – for example on the matchday.